Friday, August 8, 2008
Friday is Rat Poison Day
For those of you who were praying about my terrible rat hole under the toilet, it's been solved and not only do I not have rats digging under the house anymore, but I also no longer have cockroaches in the house! Because there are still rats living in the neighborhood though, Bala, the young man who works with me, thought it would be wise to put out rat poison every once and a while in the back yard to ward off any potential reentry into the old “toilet rat home”. I can sometimes hear the rats fighting at night out in the back and am thankful for that poison! But the particular poison that Bala uses is a tablet which lets off a bad odor. Rats don't like the smell, and if they get close to it and breath in deeply, they'll die. I've wondered about the implications for myself when I smell that nasty stuff! Anyway, every Friday afternoon, Bala runs out into the back yard and puts the little rat tablets around and by the evening, my house has a definite odor to it. Last week I sprayed perfume around the house so that I wouldn't have to smell the stink! I can always count on the lovely rat poison every Friday evening. Apparently it is doing the job, too, because there were four dead rats in my backyard the other day. I guess I can put up with the stink!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi sweet Mary, Yuck-o. I hate rats, esp the humongo ones in Nigeria! But I guess dead is better than alive. :) Love you, Erin
Post a Comment