Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update on Ministry

This last week, besides catching a bad case of the flu, I went to the girls hostel right behind my house to meet the 50 girls who live there and go to school nearby. They are from elementary to high school age. I was asked to do a special program with them weekly, so on Tuesdays I am meeting with the high schoolers, Wednesdays are junior high, and Thursdays are elementary. My first time meeting them on Monday was fun. They were as fascinated of me and my white skin and blue eyes as I was of them and their beautifully braided dark hair. And when I left, they all wanted to shake my hand at the same time. Talk about starting a riot! When I met with the high school girls on Wednesday, one of their first questions to me was if I am married. After saying no, one of the girls quickly offered that I could marry her uncle!
Pray for me as I start this ministry to these girls, that I would say the right things to them and show them the love and care of the Lord.

No comments: