Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snapshots of Life

Over the Christmas holiday, my parents came to visit me. What a great experience to have my parents see this part of my life that I have tried and failed to describe adequately to them so many times! When they first arrived, my mom said to me, “Every country has a smell. This one smells like something burning!” Well said, Mom.

While they were here, Dad took some pictures around my neighborhood, pictures I usually do not take because I never think about taking pictures of things that seem so normal to me now. Here's a few of his pictures, snapshots of my life here in Africa:

My cozy kitchen, complete with dirty dishes! It is a little bigger than it looks in this picture, with some nice counter space.



My living room, right around Christmas. You can see my coffee table overflowing with gifts from the U.S.



My back patio. Dad enjoyed sitting out at this table while he was here.



One of the many creatures that inhabits my backyard.



The glass shards on my back wall to discourage people from jumping over it.



More to come on the next post!

1 comment:

Charlie Brown said...

Hi Mary! I enjoyed seeing your dad's pictures of your home. It does look very cozy! I just read about the recent bomb blast and gun fire! God has given you and the others much courage. Charlie Brown is my account name on gmail. Really this is from
Faye Krenkel