Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Dog?

Yes, I have two dogs now. Sorry, no picture at this time, but one will come soon. Angel, my German shepherd, was reluctant to accept Precious, my two month old “bush dog” puppy, but today she allowed Precious to take a nap right on top of her. And Precious seems to be getting over all this crying and howling at night, much to my neighbors' relief! Precious was one of a litter of very malnourished puppies who were not well taken care of by their mother. Being as there is no humane society here and I have a tender heart for puppies, I rescued Precious and brought her home. She is doing very well, getting that “fat puppy” look to her and having fun roaming around such a big yard. Her favorite things to do are eat, take a nap in her cardboard “house”, play with her new tennis ball, and, when my head is close enough to her face, grab a chunk of my hair in her teeth and yank as hard as possible! Ouch! I think two dogs will be my limit of pets, especially since half of my fridge space is taken up by homemade dog food! But they are great company for me, and I'm thankful for them.

No comments: