Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Angel of a Dog

First of all, I need to apologize for not posting for over a month! I have been feeling very guilty on that fact. But hopefully I can catch you up with what has been keeping me so busy over the last month.

One delightful thing that happened a few weeks ago is that I was given a beautiful German Shepherd named Angel.


I had been wanting a dog, but not a puppy or an ugly skinny "bush dog" that is common here. Then one morning, a friend dropped by with a Russian friend of hers who needed to find a new home for her German Shepherd. Within a couple of hours I was the proud owner of a very homesick, sad German Shepherd who howled her way through that first week. But now we've become great pals, and she kills all the big rats for me in my backyard!

She also has found a friend in the boy that I tutor. She loves to be petted, so having a boy who will come over and sit for an hour just petting her is great!


And after that first week of howling, she has lived up to her name and is truly an angel!

2 comments:

Erin said...

She is a keeper! So happy for you to have a companion. I miss mine! xo

Anna said...

What a beautiful dog, Mary. I am so glad you have a new "angel" to keep you company.